The day After Thanksgiving (Friday) is known as Black Friday. This also is unofficially or officially start of holiday shopping season. Almost all stores come out with Doorbuster Sales with early bird special to attract consumers to their stores. People stand in line hours before store is opened, to grab the bargain of the year. Almost every store has something that interests every one. For bargain hunters, if there is a biggest festival in a year, that would be, no doubt, the Black Friday. In last few years(starting from 2013 to be precise),Black Friday Sales have started way before Friday-with some stores starting their Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving day & some even starting on Wednesday.It would not be surprizing to see Black Friday sale starting from Monday on that week. Therefore, revenue wise this is NOT the best day for stores.Biggest sales day now include Thanksgiving day, Green Monday and Cyber Monday.
Closest reason as to why it is know as Black Friday is given in Wikipedia – “Many retailers report some of their highest profits on Black Friday. The black portion of the name, “Black Friday” relates to businesses recording their losses in red ink and gains in black. This tradition lives on in modern accounting software, hence the name.”
– many stores are starting to publish their Black Friday Ad early in November or sometime they leak it even in October. Some stores then have additional black friday doorbuster items that they only reveal on their website
– Most Black Friday Sales go online when their Black Friday store sales start. Some in-store only Black Friday deals may not be available online. However, many Black Friday deals are available online
– Decide what you want in advance. You may NOT be able to cover all the stores and may not be able to get ALL the early bird Specials. So decide in advance what is the most important item that you absolutely need.
– Give preference to big ticket item as you will save more on those item. For example, you are likely save few hundred dollars on an expensive TV of over thousand dollar than on a shoes of £20. While both may be available at very good prices but may be on two different stores, so you may only be able to get one (assuming both are doorbuster deals), and saving on the TV may be in range of few hundred dollars while saving on shoe may be in under £50.
– If possible have a group of people, but everyone going to a different store. Each person going to any store may buy item for everyone else in the group. Although for some doorbuster items, store offer one slip to person, so you may not be able to get more than one such item.
– Check Price Matching Policy of stores. Some stores offer price match so instead of standing in queue you may just walk in to a store with no or less queue and that offers price match. (And yes, make sure that they have item in stock). Price Matching is always a tricky situation. Some stores may be kind enough to honour their words while other may NOT be. Some employee’s and Manager’s are also reluctant to offer price match.
– Buy in advance and get price adjusted on Black Friday day. Again, Some store may or may not adjust price. You may try return and re-purchase at Black Friday price on Black Friday. Again, some store may refuse to sale it back, stating that item has to go in first.
– Buy Only what you need. Many stores are strict on re-stocking fee which may range from 5-15% this usually applies to big ticket electronics & tech items.
How to Select the Right Power Tool for your Project
To get the best results with any project, it is essential that you choose the right power tool. There are so many to choose from that it can be difficult. There are many things to consider for each type of power tool. Most of us have a particular brand name we are loyal to. Price, quality, and warranty are also factors that heavily influence a power tool purchase.
Choosing the Best Plants for your Garden
Many times we buy plants on impulse then find there is nowhere in the garden that really suits them. Before buying plants carefully examine your garden to see how much sun and shade it gets, whether the soil is well drained or waterlogged and whether your aspect is sheltered or windswept. You’ll then be equipped to go and buy the best plants for your situation; shade-loving plants for the sheltered areas, sun-lovers for the warm spots, drought-resistant plants for the parched areas which may be either sunny or shaded, and swamp plants for the poorly-drained parts.
Beauty and Fitness
Health is wealth. By being physically fit, it can make a person look lean both inside and out.
There is a lot a person can do such jogging or walking in the morning, playing basketball or any other sport with friends but if a person wants to have muscles and look lean, the best thing to do will be to sign up and workout in a gym.
Types of Power Tools
The market is full of wonderful power tools, all designed to help you will any project you wish to under take. It can be tricky trying to decide which power tool you should use for a certain project. However, it is very important that you take the time to find out. You don?t want to damage your project and you don?t want to injury yourself by not using the right power tool.
Fashion Jewelry: How to Familiarize Yourself with It
Are interested in updating your appearance, fashion wise? If you are, your first thought may be to buy a new wardrobe. While new clothes are a great way to update your fashion appearance, did you know that clothes are not all that fashion includes? Fashion also includes fashion accessories, like jewelry. If you are looking for a relatively easy and affordable way to update your fashion, you may want to think about buying new fashion jewelry.
GOLF EQUIPMENT: GEARING UP PROPERLY FOR GOLF
Like any other sports, golf requires that you are geared up correctly to be able to properly play the game. This article will give you an idea of basic golf equipment one requires to be able to learn and play golf.
For starters, the basic golf equipment is a golf ball. Golf balls are dimpled tiny balls, use in to play golf. They are dimpled to reach farther length when driven by golf clubs.
Things to Consider When Buying Home Fitness Equipments
There are a hundred lots of home fitness equipment nowadays that are sold in the market. Do not make the mistake in buying something and then regretting why you bought it after a day or two. Home fitness equipments vary and you should always have one good reason to buy it. Don’t believe on everything commercials tell you about the equipment. Some equipment may seem easy to use on television but n fact will not really work for you. Try to ask yourself first of these questions before you grab your wallet and buy that equipment.
Buying On eBay: The Importance of Checking Feedback
Are you interested in using eBay to shop online? If you are, you are definitely not alone, as eBay is one of the most popular online marketplaces. As you likely already know, eBay is an online auction website; an online auction website that allows internet users to post items that they have in their possession, but not longer want or need, for sale. While this tends to give you a large number of products to choose from, it can make getting scammed on eBay relatively easy; however, there is a way that you cannot fall victim to some of the most common eBay scams. That way involves checking feedback.
Golf Bags for Beginner Golfers
You might be a golf beginner looking for your first set of golf clubs and equipment or a pro shopping for upgrades, but all will agree that golf bags are essential in the game. Next to golf clubs, a golf bag is one of the most important golfing equipment there is.